Patonga Blues Across the Bay is always held at the Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre located at the mouth of the Hawkesbury River about 1 ½ hours from Sydney and just a short 5 to 10-minute ferry ride from the little village of Patonga.
Where is Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre:
Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre is an undertaking of the New South Wales State Government. Its purpose is to assist the people of NSW participate in sport and educational and recreational activities. The centre is located at the mouth of the Hawkesbury River and can only be accessed by boat. Find out more at www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/brokenbay
The easiest way to get to Blues Across the Bay is by ferry from Patonga and your all-inclusive ticket covers entry to the festival as well as your Patonga-BBSRC-Patonga ferry fare. For information and directions to Patonga and the wharf, click here.
Please allow plenty of time to:
- Find a parking spot in Patonga
- Make your way to the Eve Williams Memorial Oval (at the entrance to Patonga, opposite the wharf)
- Hand over your ticket confirmation and get your security armband
- Buy any last minute provisions at Patonga General Store
- Meet people/join the queue at the wharf
- Board the ferry (all passengers must have a valid armband)
- Your esky with all your provisions for the afternoon as there are no shops at Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre
- Picnic chairs or rugs to sit on
- Sunglasses, hats & sunscreen
Ferries leave from 9:30 am. There will be two ferries running to get everyone to Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre efficiently. The last ferry leaves Patonga Wharf at 11:30 am.
When the ferry reaches Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre all eskies, chairs etc. will be loaded onto a truck and delivered to the picnic/concert site which is a pleasant 10-minute easy walk.
Please let staff know if you are unable to walk and require transport from the ferry to the festival site.
Ferries will do the return trip to Patonga wharf from 5:30 pm onwards.
If you are coming from Palm Beach on the ferry, the ferry will be leaving at 9.00 am. Otherwise call Palm beach ferries on (02) 9974 2411.
If you are traveling to Blues Across the Bay in your own boat please book your ticket/s beforehand.
Private boats MUST NOT TIE UP TO THE WHARF at Broken Bay Sport & Rec. Centre. Passengers can be dropped off at the wharf but boats must be either anchored off the beach or (small boats) pulled up and secured on the beach.
PLEASE NOTE – all tickets include ferry travel. You can arrive using your own transport and still get the ferry back to Patonga wharf after the event.